Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sailing Away (Everyone)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

26Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:05 am

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen lets out a little 'oof' as the big half-orc claps a hand to his shoulder, but his expression largely doesn't change - he still looks disappointed, and can't tell if Jarek is being sarcastic or what. Before Jarek turns away, he says, "Not really a function of time for me, but rather having each other's backs in combat. I'd trust you with my life, Jarek. Do what you have to do, though, I guess."

Elen, meanwhile, lets Hamish curl up on his back and ride along as he trots over with the rest of the group to the boat.

27Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:45 am

Griffin

Griffin
"I mean it has been a hell of a week," Sunrise remarks mildly. "It's weird, isn't it, how this sort of thing brings people together? A week ago I didn't know your names; I still don't know your birthdays or your hobbies or whether you like sweet treats better than salty. But we've conspired and shared secrets and fought at each other's backs, and we're about to go face pirates - the nasty kind of pirates - together."

She gives Jarek a warm grin. "I don't know you well enough to know if I can trust you to take the trash out when it's your turn, but I know I can trust you with a knife at my back. Isn't that odd?"

28Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:45 am

fruitbat

"Oh yeah, there's blood too, so I'm told, but that doesn't really make it edible; I mean, black pudding at least has oats and fat in it as well, and only maybe half the population agrees that's food." Sithani frowns. "Black pudding the sausage, I mean, not black pudding the silly name for the slime mould with delusions of grandeur. The latter probably doesn't suit a bracing breakfast at all."

29Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:59 pm

MazzieW

MazzieW
"Thimb!" Ka'Ri shouts excitedly clambering down from the crow's nest. She had been rushing around all morning, hoping to get things squared away enough to be able to give a tour to... anyone who happened to want a tour of the boat...

"All right, it's a light vessel, but I'm down for giving everyone the grand tour if everyone is interested."

30Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:05 pm

MazzieW

MazzieW
"And yes, Jarek, I'm acting captain for this one, but please don't call me Captain. It'd feel too weird what with... anyways, the boat," Ka'Ri shakes her head and starts gesturing to the boat.

"Oh, and Sunrise, feel free to place those in the Captain's Cabin. I figure our weapons and other tools of the trade can go there as it's the best protected from the elements. Don't worry about space, I'll probably be down in the crew's quarters with all of you."

31Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:30 pm

fruitbat

"Oh, yes... the accommodation." Sithani remembers some of what she's heard from seagoing worshippers of Umberlee. "I'm afraid I didn't think to bring cushions... or indeed any kind of padding. I don't suppose... Thimb, can you conjure up anything of that sort?"

32Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:45 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen nods at Sunrise, understanding what she's getting at. "Indeed." He smiles, first at her, then up at Jarek. He follows the rest of the group as they head up to the boat.

33Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:49 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise nods. "Thanks," she says in response to where her things can go; once on board she goes to stow them, then comes back up top. "This is nice," she remarks, leaning on the rail and looking out over the water. "I've never been on a ship before."

34Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:15 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Bruiser seems more amused by all this than fussed; he hops up beside Sunrise and Glen and stands between them at the rail, leaning over. "You'll never be freer than you are on the waves," he promises them both with a grin.

35Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:25 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen chuckles. "You're not going to crack a joke about the ranger getting seasick? I'm disappointed, Bruiser." Elen bounds up with Hamish on his back to affectionately rub against Bruiser's legs.

36Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:02 pm

Griffin

Griffin
"Oh goddess I don't know if I get seasick," Sunrise says, paling, and stares over the water. "Oh please don't let me get seasick. Do you known if it's possible to prestidigitation your stomach into not being seasick?"

37Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"I know a surefire technique to keep your mind off sea-sinkness," the cleric teases Glen in a seductive voice. "Works on pretty tieflings, too."

38Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:31 am

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise, startled out of her worries, gives him an amused look. "The next words out of your mouth had better have something to do with dry crackers or ginger or bubbly water."

39Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:12 am

fruitbat

"I can paralyse you with helpless laughter at the alien nature of the universe," Sithani offers. "That might take your mind off seasickness." She bites her lip "Or I could do the other thing too? I mean, if you were up for that." Recovering her composure she adds, "I'm always willing to take one for the team."

40Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:45 am

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen looks from Bruiser to Sunrise to Sithani, blushing a little.

Sleight of hand 18 (DC 18 Perception):

"That's...much more what I expected from you, Bruiser, to be honest. You too, Sith." He laughs, grinning.

41Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:15 pm

MazzieW

MazzieW
"Ah," Ka'Ri interrupted, reaching into the interior maze of her coat. "I have some novice remedies for those concerned about seasickness. I would have prepared something more magical but I'm still at a pretty basic level dispite the best efforts of an excellent tutor."

She finds herself blushing in the direction of Thimb before shaking her head and focusing on what she was doing.

"Here," she said doling out small poultices, strongly smelling of newly cut flowers and wormwood. "If you feel your stomach churning, try to stare out to the shore instead of the sea and keep this close to your nostrils. It helps for those who haven't yet developed proper sea legs."

"Now, we have temporary crew for most of the big jobs, but if Osprem continues to favor us like this, I might be able to give some of you a short lesson in how to man the wheel, if anyone is uh... interested in that."

She rubs her neck nervously as she says this part and then blushes heavily.

42Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:21 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen raises a hand. "I could, uh, navigate or something? I have a pretty good sense of direction, and I can spot things. Usually, at least."

"Oh, and thanks for this." He takes the poultice and pockets it.

43Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:23 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Bruiser accepts the nudging with a grin. "I was going to suggest story-telling," he offers in a far too innocent voice.

44Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:32 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise accepts the poultice gratefully. "Will anyone judge me too harshly if I sit back and let the people who know what they're doing handle the ship?"

45Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:45 am

fruitbat

"Not me," Sithani replies. "Though I am disappointed you're not omni-talented, I suppose I shall have to shoulder the burden of that sad truth."

46Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:06 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise laughs. "I have never claimed to be skilled in anything that resembles real work."

Then she hesitates, looking at Sithani. "Hey, um. ...Do you have a minute? To talk privately, maybe?"

47Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:20 pm

fruitbat

"Sure." Sithani looks around at the rest of the party. "You don't need us to be decorative in her case and well-meaning-but-who-knows-how-helpful in mine?"

Assuming they aren't needed, she will accompany Sunrise to somewhere private.

48Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:37 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Once they have a modicum of privacy, Sunrise gives Sithani a sheepish look. "Okay. Um. I'm not good at this? So I'm going to be blunt." She rubs the back of her neck. "Are you flirting with me?"

49Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:32 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
As Sunrise and Sithani slip away, Glen turns and looks off the side of the ship at the waters before them. He takes in the sight of the morning sun on the harbor, and a deep gulp of the salty air. Adventure awaits, but he made a promise to be careful and come back in one piece, so there is a slight air of trepidation about him. Elen, unaware of Glen's promise on his behalf, is pouncing at seagulls on the deck, and they flap away as he pounces. He's having a blast.

Glen turns to Ka'ri and Bruiser. "Well then. Everyone's here, and it looks like the ship's ready. Shall we shove off?" Glen asks, a little nervousness in his voice.

50Sailing Away (Everyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sailing Away (Everyone) Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:44 pm

MazzieW

MazzieW
Ka'Ri nodded, signalling the makeshift crew to unmoor the ship off the dock and push off.

She then nudges Bruiser and Glen to follow her into the crowded Captain's chambers and specifically to a well-kept map of the surrounding area, though to Bruiser's eye it is clear some details surrounding the local caves are inaccurate, the result of intentional obfuscation in case any maps fell into the wrong hands.

When the door is closed behind them, she approaches the map and looks at Bruiser directly. "I trust you're our guide for this excursion. What can you tell us about what we're sailing into?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next