Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Search for Skamos (Sunrise, Glen, Sithani)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Griffin

Griffin
"Actually..." Sunrise hesitates. "Mother Reverence, I do have a favor to ask."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Reverence raises her eyebrows with interest. "Ask, child," she urges with a smile.

Griffin

Griffin
"Temples have festivals," she says slowly. "If you, or any temples you're friendly with, have any upcoming celebrations that require flowers, may I ask that you consider purchasing them through a woman named Harmony, out of Westside?" She briefly describes where Harmony's cart is. "She was instrumental in finding Skamos and getting us an audience with the people who were holding him."

fruitbat

<Oh go ahead, steal my thunder why don't you?> Sithani projects to Sunrise, but there's definite amusement among the croaking buzzing undertones.

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen lets the tieflings chat, squatting down to pet Elen, who flops down quickly for a belly rub.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Reverence blinks and then chuckles softly. "Yes, I think we can arrange that, dear. I prefer hiring tiefling contractors anyway. I'll pass the word down to Freed to manage."

beardyblue

beardyblue
"Mother." He asks, a little shy. "Can I ask you a religious history question, before we go? I'm not intimately acquainted with the Blessed Eighteen and I was hoping to learn something while we're here. Of course, you are busy, and if you don't have time I understand."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Reverence gives him a look of mild surprise but nods. "What is your question, child?"

beardyblue

beardyblue
"Thank you, ma'am. Forgive my ignorance and the indelicacy of my question, but I know that Sehanine has some connection to Pelor; I was hoping you might be able to tell me a little about it."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The reverend mother blinks again, now looking profoundly amused. "They were lovers, and now they are not. How much time do you have, child?"

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen smiles, a little chagrined, and a little unsure why he felt the need to ask the question at all, especially when he could just look it up at the library. Probably just that one does not often get to ask someone with such a direct relationship to the divine. "Oh! That's right. I think I knew that. I have plenty of time, but I don't want to take up too much of *your* time, Mother. It already feels very foolish to have bothered you about it at all."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Reverence's smile blends mischief and affection. "There is no foolishness in wishing to know the gods better. Pelor, god of the sun, was warm and strong and beautiful--everything a woman could want, but harsh in his own way. Unyielding, unbending. Dutiful, yet constrained by duty. Though she loved him, Sehanine the moon goddess fled to the embrace of night--to a man who understood her moods and needs, and was flexible to love all of her and not just the best parts. When you see the moon during the day, you see Sehanine gazing thoughtfully at her old lover. They might yet reunite, save for his stubbornness; even when she follows on the heels of the day, Pelor does not slow or stray from his path. Until he is willing to place her above his duty, their love remains a thing of the past."

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen listens in rapt attention. He smiles sadly. "It's a sad story. For both of them, I believe. But it sounds like she is happier this way. I hope I can learn from this." And he is serious, being such a duty-bound man himself. He gives her a deep and respectful nod.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"I hope so, too, dear," Reverence says gently. "Only gods can get away with such stubbornness. Us mortals must compromise for each other."

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen blinks, wondering if she can read his thoughts. He gives her another nod, somewhat stunned but still polite. He looks to his companions. "Shall we get out of the way?"

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise nods. "We'll speak later," she promises Reverence, "but right now I'm sure you want to take care of him. I'm glad you're safe, Skamos."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"I'm really grateful to you all," the young man mumbles from somewhere in the bed blankets and cold compress Reverence has piled onto him.

Smiling, she guides them all out into the hallway and closes the door behind them. "He just needs to rest. And, yes, we are very thankful."

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen raises a hand in a little wave. "Take care, Skamos. Feel better."

He again nods respectfully to Reverence. "It was our pleasure to help, ma'am. He was instrumental in finding Thorn, and he helped keep him safe for so long. Please do call on us again if we can be of further assistance."

fruitbat

"Um. There might actually be something I need to ask you about," Sithani says. Someone who didn't know her well might assume she was on the verge of blushing. "But it's... it might be kind of personal, so I could come back some other time, if you'd be willing to answer."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Reverence raises an eyebrow and nods. "Of course, dear. We can send your friends along and speak privately."

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise raises her eyebrows, curious, but only nods, willing to leave them alone.

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen similarly looks a little curious, but extends a friendly arm to Sunrise. "Let's give them some space, you think?" He gives her a broad grin.

fruitbat

Sithani smiles gratefully at her companions. "Thank you."

To Reverence, she says in a low voice, "So you probably know I'm a bastard. My mother says she doesn't know who gave me my ears, and I believe her, but the necessary result is that ever since I started having sex I've been paranoid around every hot elf. I don't suppose Sehanine has any knowledge of which illicit liaisons led to what outcome?"

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Reverence's expression softens and she considers this for a time. "It is usually verboten for the priests of Sehanine to divulge illicit affairs," she says, her voice gentle, "as Sehanine is a goddess of secrets and secrecy. But your concern is understandable--to me, at least, if perhaps less so to a goddess without parentage of her own. How would you feel about a compromise? I could ask Sharre if she consents to my sharing the information with you; if she does, I will ask the information from Sehanine and pass the answer to you. It will take a little time, but as long as there's no immediate hot elf in your future, the wait shouldn't be interminable."

fruitbat

"You're absolutely right about the lack of hot elves right now; their quality has gone very much downhill in my experience." Sithani's posture relaxes a bit. "That sounds like a fair compromise. Thank you."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum