Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Search for Skamos (Sunrise, Glen, Sithani)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen nods. "And the Redfangs may be looking to position themselves as heroes by distributing a cure themselves."

fruitbat

"Lucky for the Redfangs that Laerdya hasn't outdone them yet, isn't it?" Sithani adds.

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise snorts. "Hardly luck. They've been buying and waylaying her supplies before they get to her. If there were justice in the world that alone would be a hanging offense, but there's no way to prove it."

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen nods. "Maybe we'll have the opportunity to dispense some of that justice ourselves."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
This last revelation earns a thoughtful frown from their host. "You got a list?"

Griffin

Griffin
"Of ingredients?" She tilts her head. "Not off the top of my head, but Laerdya might. Why, are you thinking of re-pirating the pirates?"

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen scrunches his face trying to remember. "Dreamdust, for one."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Boss taps his fingers thoughtfully on the table. "Maybe. Not necessarily, though. We've got avenues of acquisition other than sea-thievery. If you get a list together, I might look into the matter."

Griffin

Griffin
"Aren't you civic-minded," Sunrise says with a small smile. "I'll see what I can do - both about a list and about encouraging the, uh, gratitude the Feytower ought to feel towards anyone who could help procure such supplies."

Tilting her head to regard Boss, she replies, "Speaking of future cooperation, assuming our friend agrees to meet with you, how shall we arrange that? I assume we're not sending him here with a flower?"

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"Too good for my club?" he asks, sounding amused.

beardyblue

beardyblue
"It would be a gesture of good faith on your part to meet somewhere neutral, to help him feel at ease after our earlier... misunderstanding." Glen, for his own part, does not sound amused.

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise does look amused. "The kid almost starved to death in a one room apartment surrounded by two infants and a dying bodyguard; could you blame him if he never wanted to set foot in Westside again? But no, what I meant was, how do we get in contact with you? Is there a way to reach you short of just showing up and hoping it's your night to play cards?"

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
He chuckles and clicks his tongue. "The bartender can take messages for me in a pinch. If you need someone to come to you, Violet is an excellent go-between, or I suppose you can use Shantai since you like her so much." The girl's eyebrows fly high, but she doesn't look upset; it's possible to surmise this may be a promotion. "I also have a calendar and know how to use it; a time and place can be scheduled."

Griffin

Griffin
She nods and tosses a wink at Shantai. "We'll have to talk after this, then."

This settled, she sits back in her seat and focuses on her cards, apparently intending to play in earnest while they wait.

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen nods at the litany of options. Glen does the same as Sunrise, returning to his cards.

fruitbat

Sithani also returns all her attention to the game, wondering if she'l have to give back any winnings or just the chips 'donated' by the Boss' henchfolk.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
A few rounds later, there is a soft knock on the door and Violet enters with a tiefling in tow. He looks disoriented and a little stunned, but he's dressed in clean and recently pressed clothes and he doesn't seem to be wounded. "Found him," she reports in a flat voice, guiding the unsteady man over to Sunrise. "All yours." He stares around the room, shaking a little like a leaf in the wind.

fruitbat

"Are you alright?" Sithani asks, laying down her cards face-down and turning to look at the newcomer. "I'm Sithani, this is Sunrise, this is Glen, we've come to recover you."

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen too puts down his cards and examines the young man as best he can from his seat, looking for any more subtle cuts or bruises. He nods to him. "You're safe. This was a misunderstanding." He chooses his words carefully so as to not upset Boss.

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise stands, stepping to the man and wrapping an arm around his waist - mostly just to steady him. "I appreciate it," she tells Violet with a smile.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The man gives Sunrise, Glen, and Sithani a collectively stunned look. "Uh. O-okay. Thank you?"

Violet's smile is slightly tight at the edges. "He might be a little disoriented for a while. Some kids played a long prank on him. We do what we can to rein them in, but you know how children are."

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen looks at Violent for a long moment, studying her. "What kind of prank?"

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise gives Violet a nod of "yes, yes, understood" and looks to Boss with a gracious smile. "I'm sure he'll feel much better soon. We should bring him home and let him rest. Shantai, I suppose I'll speak to you again soon?"

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Violet gives an airy wave. "They locked him in a storm cellar. We'll notify their parents and demand they be looked after better."

Shantai inclines her head politely to Sunrise. "Yes, ma'am, I'll call upon whatever address you please."

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen seems to accept Violet's explanation, standing from his seat. He politely nods to Boss. "Thank you for your time and assistance."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum