Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Search for Skamos (Sunrise, Glen, Sithani)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Freed is the one who sees them first, hurrying up to them with her mouth dropped open in surprise. "Skamos! Moon's light, they actually found you?"

The man steps forward and wraps her in a hug that threatens to drag her to the ground with deadweight.

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen grins, a nearby hand ready to grab Skamos if his legs give out.

Griffin

Griffin
"I said we would," Sunrise protests, also smiling at this reunion. "He's going to need food, water, and rest; he was a little disoriented."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"I've been drugged," he mumbles into Freed's neck, though the others can still hear him. "Still sleepy. And so very hungry. She said... Sunrise said, um, everyone is safe?"

beardyblue

beardyblue
"Everyone is safe. Thorn, the babies, Quivyll, all our people. Everyone got our safely. You did great, Skamos. As soon as you went missing, we knew something was wrong and were able to reach them in time."

Griffin

Griffin
"I'm sure he'd like to see you," Sunrise adds gently. "When you're feeling better."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Skamos sags with relief on hearing this; Freed, already struggling with his weight, deftly pushes him into Glen rather than be knocked over.

"I was afraid being picked up like I was meant they were discovered," he confesses when everyone finds a new equilibrium.

Griffin

Griffin
"But everyone's okay." Sunrise reaches over, gently rubbing his shoulder. "Including you."

beardyblue

beardyblue
"You did great," Glen repeats softly. "Where should we take you now? You need to rest, in a proper bed."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"He can have room 32B," Freed says tartly, pulling a key from her pocket and tossing it at Glen. "I gotta go get Mother Reverence. Can you take him there? Okay." She marches off before anyone can agree or object.

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise blinks. "Charming girl," she murmurs. "Okay. Let's get you to room 32B, buddy. Step one: find someone who knows where room 32B is."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"It's. The B aisle is that way," he says, pointing and laughing weakly. "Please don't mind my cousin, she's had a rough, uh, everything. I will need help, though."

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen supports Skamos and leads him in the direction indicated until they come to 32B. He inserts the key, unlocks the door, and opens it for the young man.

Griffin

Griffin
"Do you want us to stay until Reverence gets here?" Sunrise offers gently.

beardyblue

beardyblue
"I think that's probably a good idea. Can we help you get settled?"

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
32 is at the very end of the B aisle, sheltered and private. The bed is soft and the little toilet alcove is nicely appointed. Skamos rushes there first, then drags himself to bed. He does seem to be marginally more clear-headed, suggesting that whatever was in his system is being purged.

"Yes, please," he asks as he flops into bed. "If I pass out, you gotta tell her how the hells you found me."

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen stands vigilant by the door, more out of habit than out of any concern. This is obviously a safe place for the young man. "Do you need anything we can get for you?"

Griffin

Griffin
"Actually, you told us," Sunrise says with a small smile. "Everyone assumed the Redfangs had you. But when Reverence made contact with you, you told her 'purple.' And we'd just had a run-in with a purple tiefling who was part of that gang, so... we followed the hunch. And there you were."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Skamos blinks at her. "I don't remember saying that," he admits, "but I was pretty out of it. And I would remember that girl. She was hot." He clears his throat, realizing how he sounds. "I mean. Just. Objectively speaking, you can't help but notice."

The door presses open and Reverence walks in, her pearl eyes lighting up at the sight of the young man. "Skamos! They found you! Are you hurt, dear?" Without waiting for an answer, she begins examining him with her fingers, light pooling at the tips.

Griffin

Griffin
"He was drugged," Sunrise explains, "but it seems to be wearing off. Mostly he just needs food and drink and sleep, I think."

She waits for Reverence to assure herself that Skamos is safe, then adds, "These are Glen and Sithani."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Reverence nods as she finishes her examination, then her shoulders untense. Skamos is wrapped in a tight hug and then forced to lie down and submit to a compress on his forehead in spite of his weak protestations.

The temple mother then turns back to them. "Sunrise. Glen. Sithani. Thank you all so much, dears. Oh! You're Sharre's little girl!" she adds on second look at Sithani. "She always attends the new moon dances. Such a good child."

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen bows respectfully, befitting a cleric of her station. "Glynlen Liadon, he of the Silverwoods. It was our pleasure, ma'am. We were just glad to find him unharmed."

fruitbat

"I'm sure she is," Sithani smiles back, inwardly weirded out by the idea of someone calling her mother a child.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"You three have my gratitude," she says warmly. "And after caring for our little thorn, too! Sehanine could not have sent better aid. Thank you."

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen smiles again, a little amused to be associated with Sehanine's whims. "We were happy to help both of them. Hopefully Sehanine will look out for us as we continue our work."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum