Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:06 pm

MazzieW

MazzieW
Ka'Ri nods. "Like it were my crew's."

"But I believe Thimb to be the one capable of deciphering this. And I trust her like she was my crew as well."

77Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:14 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Luther still seems faintly uncertain about this, but he nods and hands the journal to Ka'Ri. "I would like it returned when you are through with it, please. Thank you."

To Sunrise, he inclines his head. "Convey to your patron that I am at her service and will attend."

78Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:21 pm

MazzieW

MazzieW
Ka'Ri carefully passes down the journal to Thimb.

"i believe in you," she says softly, a slight blush crossing her face.

79Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:48 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
[OOC: I think that's a scene. People can start making plans and trickling out as they please; I'll call thread close and XP in a bit when folks have had a chance to catch up. Things to be thinking about: Where does your character go next? I don't necessarily mean physically, though that's part of it, but also who are they planning to follow up with, what do they plan to do, etc.

I very much recommend making plans to meet up and do things with other players. For one, not splitting the party is always a good safe way to travel. For two, having someone else in a scene to talk to who isn't the DM / an NPC is the key to a fun gaming experience.

When you are ready to start other threads with your PC doing things with other PCs/NPCs, you may do so. (I imagine Griff will open at least one soon, because kie has done this before.) If you have questions about setting and NPC behavior ('when would be the best time to go see Zazzles'), come to me and I'll answer and/or set the scene myself.

I think that covers everything? I'm still hepped up on surgical anesthesia, so forgive me if I miss anything and don't be afraid to ask questions.]

80Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:46 pm

Cynebeor

Cynebeor
Jarek hesitates through these exchanges.  He can read his sister well, they are twins after all, and he's decently sure he sees how she feels, but she's a gnome surrounded by elves and she'd never say it herself.  Especially when Rivvers has already been questioning their professionalism.

He kicks himself to think.  There's a diplomatic way through this, there are good reasons to argue the point, she could do such cool stuff inside this place--ah.  That's the angle.  You have to come at badgers sideways, after all.

"Commissioner?"  Jarek sets his packages aside for a moment, and hacks at a lock of his already-short hair as he speaks.  "The stables are perfect for me, since I'll be needing plenty of time with the lady's griffons anyway, but it doesn't give Thimb much reason to go anywhere else in the tower, does it?  If she needs a book or a workshop for magicking and we don't want her having to trek all the way back home all the time?  Might be that it makes more sense for her to be an apprentice too, or something.  There's got to be somebody else in the Feytower who studies reagent lore, right?  I'd hate to see what would happen if she was trying to build Ka'Ri's, uh, spy... thing... and something sparked up and spooked a griffon or whatever other beasts you've got here."  With a slightly affected look of chagrin, Jarek twists to tap an especially large scar up the side of his stomach.  "No worries about me, though, I can't wait to meet the critters."

81Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:21 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Luther listens to this with a thoughtful frown, nodding at the points Jarek makes. "That's a good catch; the stable-hands do move about inside the Feytower relatively freely, but I can see it being more noticeable if a stable-hand holes up inside the library for half a day with a pile of books as opposed to a student or an apprentice. As for reagent lore, Andry Savoirnen is the resident expert. She'd be willing to play along with the cover, I'm sure, and to help in any way she can."

Beckoning for Thimb to please come with them to the bursar where she still sits, he studies her with a thoughtful look. "Would you prefer an apprentice cover-story or a student one? They're not the same. New students aren't apprenticed until their third year of study, at which point they take on various duties in addition to their studies. It would be rare for anyone to jump straight to apprentice without those three years of study; we would need to say you were evaluated and found to have an equivalent amount of experience from home study or field work. Does that seem like a cover you can carry off?"

82Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:55 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
Thimb smiled to Ka'Ri as she took the journal and whispered "Thanks, I won't let you down."

Her attention was then pulled to Jarek speaking her mind for her, and she tried very hard not to let her face light up as Luther made this suggestion. "I mean, some people in the tower do know me for work I've already done," she stammered, "and I've taken a few classes, not as a proper student, mind you, but some they allow others to sit in on, so- I mean- yes! Please." She knew it wasn't real, but... the idea that she was potentially found worthy filled her with a small glee.

Plus she'd have more access to the library and that had been a loft goal of hers for years.

83Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:25 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
As Luther, Jarek, and Thimb are engaged in conversation, Glen takes a couple of steps over to Ka’Ri, who he addresses quietly, such that only she can hear him.

“Ka’Ri.” As she turns, she can see the warmth has returned to his eyes, his voice calm and quiet. “I hope you’re alright - you were so kind to me before when I was having a tough time, and the very least I can do is the same for you.” He puts his hand on her shoulder gently. She hugged him earlier, but he assumes she is probably pretty raw and doesn’t want to invade her space unless invited.

“There’s something else. I, um,” his eyes he looks off to the side a little, sheepish at himself, “overheard you going over some plans for yourself. I’m sorry - it wasn’t on purpose, I just have sharp hearing.” She can tell right away that he means it. "Checking out the room, meeting with someone. You also mentioned that you might want to find a way into Treygis Redfang’s place.”

His eyes meet hers again. “Look, I know that you’re really good at what you do, but going alone seems like it would be really dangerous. I’m not necessarily a pro at unlocking doors or the like, but I am good at moving quietly and I’m great with maps, directions, and planning exits. I think I could be helpful, and, more importantly, I don’t want you to get hurt in there alone. Would it be alright if I joined you?”

84Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:34 pm

MazzieW

MazzieW
Ka'Ri flushes bright red in embarrassment. Clearly she was more out of it than she thought.

"A-yes, that would be nice to have a lookout and second pair of eyes," she says at long last. "And um, thank you for the thank you."

She winces at her own awkwardness. "I'm meeting Sithani and Sunrise at the Devil's Own at 12th bell tonight to go over logistics and need to knows. Will you meet us there?"

85Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:45 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen nods, smiling. "You're absolutely welcome! I'll see you tonight, 12th bell at The Devil's Own. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have one last thing for our host."

He turns smartly and steps over to Luther once he and Thimb are finished talking. "Commissioner, sir, if I could have one more brief moment of your time."

"Sir, I am sure you would already have told us if there was any reason for suspicion, but I wanted to make absolutely sure to ask. When I was out in the hall, I realized that other people had rooms here other than yourself, Miss Siannodel, and her daughter. Is there anything you think we should know about Balasar Skarsclen, Andry Savoirnen, or Erdan Scionsire?"

"Please know, sir, I understand that these are private quarters and this may be none of my business. But sometimes we don't think of things if they're right in front of us, so I had to be sure and ask." While cool and collected on the outside, Glen prepares himself to be told off in very few words.

86Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:47 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Luther nods at Thimb, taking some note of the fact that people at the Feytower have heard of her work; he clearly hasn't, but he's an administrator and besides the Feytower is huge. "Works for me, then. Enid, you have a student robe in there that will fit her, yes? And an apprentice belt, yes. Thank you," he says as Enid draws the items out of her bags.

"I'll speak with Andry later this evening," he tells Thimb with a polite smile. "She'll know who you are the next time you come by. Assuming she doesn't already."

This done, he turns his attention back to Jarek. "Ah, I should mention that we do have healers on staff," he says, slightly troubled by the scars Jarek has brought to his attention. "If the griffons savage you, um, please don't hesitate to seek medical attention. No one here is expecting you to walk it off."

87Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:11 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Luther blinks at Glen's question, but doesn't bristle. "Well, they're all three powerful mages in their own right or they wouldn't have rooms in the central tower here," he explains. "Students who live at the Feytower have their own wing on the ground floor and the teachers have another; the tower bedrooms are reserved for Brilight's best and finest as a perk."

"Balasar is a dragonborn sorcerer with powerful draconic ancestry magic the likes of which we're lucky to find once in a generation. He also snores like a dragon," he adds in a dry deadpan, "which means almost everyone on this level sleeps or trances with ear protection of some kind. Andry is a halfling wizard. She's been away on travel and only recently returned after the kidnapping. She is very upset about the whole thing; Gwyn was one of her students."

"Erdan is an elf druid who is..." Luther chooses his words with care, but his expression is sour. "...eccentric. He was in the library on the night Gwyn was taken, which is not unusual for him; he keeps odd hours." Shaking his head, he sighs. "I don't believe any of them had anything to do with Gwyn's disappearance, though you're welcome to speak with them if you want."

88Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:14 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
"Ah, yes, thank you!" Thimb gushes, trying to hide her excitement. It's not like she was a real apprentice, but, still... this might be the closest she'd ever get. When he told Jarek not to try to walk it off she did give him a pointed look. She knew Kord was more about rubbing dirt in it and walking it off but that was not sanitary. And more importantly, it made Hamish sad when Jarek was hurt.

89Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:24 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
"Thank you, sir, for your candor, and thank you again for your understanding earlier. We will not let you down." He nods with almost a slight bow, trying to be as respectful as he can.

90Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:34 pm

Roocifer

Roocifer
"I assume the feytower has ways of contact that can't be intercepted? If we should need to contact you or Laerdya how should we go about it? Or should we just come find one of you?"

Ellowyn is quiet and thinking about the things they need to be doing making lists in their head.

91Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:45 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"Thank you," Luther replies to Thimb and Glen with impeccable politeness.

Ellowyn's question elicits a raised eyebrow. "If you have need of either of us, you know where to find us with however you would normally convey messages to any other. Are you asking how to contact us in an emergency? I doubt we would be much help to you in a crisis situation; Laerdya is a researcher and I am a mere administrator, I'm sorry to say."

92Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:52 pm

Roocifer

Roocifer
Slightly annoyed Ellowyn sighs not used to having to explain their thinking all the time to others " I don't expect you to help so much as if someone tries to stop us making headway in the investigation it might be nice to be able to call for more official backup or at least a way for our group to stay In contact discretely. I mean I was murdered not too long ago and I still don't know why or who it could be related but it might not.

I'm going into what could be hostile territory in the temple of that betreygis fellow and you can't exactly blame me for wanting a way to stay connected to anyone who might care if I die... Again."

They shrug as though it's no big deal but you can all see the faint air of worry in their eyes.

93Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:59 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
He considers this with a thoughtful frown, not dismissing their concern but clearly not jumping on board in agreement either. "The rule of law is still in place in Brilight," he points out in a gentler tone. "If someone tries to attack or hurt you tomorrow, I think you should handle it the same way you would have handled it yesterday. If the city guard doesn't take you seriously, then you can show them the token Enid handed out to you--the one with my symbol and initial. The temples, however, ought to be safe; it would be sacrilege to attack or harm you there, and the consequence severe."

94Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:01 pm

Roocifer

Roocifer
Ellowyn nods.

They seem to visibly relax a little.

"If that is all sir I'd like to be getting on with preparing?"

95Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:03 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"By all means," Luther says, inclining his head politely in mutual dismissal as he goes back to deal with the others as needed.

96Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:59 am

fruitbat

Sithani approaches Thimb and Jarek. "Can I ask what kind of precautions your family takes against rivals spying on your research? Gwynnestri's kidnappers must have a scry-proof room, and if you know who builds that sort of thing it would be a huge help."

97Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:11 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
"Oh," Thimb blinked, thinking, "yeah, we don't have much, just the lab. I mean, chimeras kind of act as their own security, you know? But the work we've had done is by a pair of dwarfish siblings. I'm not sure their names off hand, but I know we have their card back home. I can dig that out if you like?" she offered with a smile.

98Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:35 pm

fruitbat

Sithani returns the smile. "That would be, if not invaluable, very welcome indeed."

99Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom - Page 4 Empty Re: Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:31 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
[Thread Close. Everyone who was in this thread gets 100 XP.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum