Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

151Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory - Page 7 Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:13 am

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise shoots him a sharp look, then softens. "Thank you," she says gently, "for convincing Laerdya to go along with our plan."

152Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory - Page 7 Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:19 am

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
He inclines his head slightly in acknowledgement. "I do not have much hope for your success," he admits, "but even less do I like sending you out into the Silverwoods to die uselessly. I cannot order Laerdya regarding how she spends her money or who she hires, but our history together means I can nudge her from time to time."

153Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory - Page 7 Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:34 am

Griffin

Griffin
She nods. "Was all of it of a piece then?" she asks quietly. "Grabbing me, the way you treated me, the things you said. You mentioned it might endear me to Laerdya - was that your reason from the beginning?"

154Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory - Page 7 Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:04 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
Thimb allowed herself to be guided out of the room, oblivious to Ka'Ri's blushing because she was still too embarrassed herself. "My expertise? Ah, yes, of course- I- I want to help-" she stammered. Her gaze shifted over to Glen as he asked about the muffins, a safe topic. "Oh! I got them from the bakery! Well, a bakery, there are several in the city, I shouldn't make it sound like there's just the one and of course you'd know what i mean- Uhm, the one just outside of this district, if you're coming in from the west wall? I can't remember their name right now, something long and in Halfling script, but I could point it out?"

Hamish made a slightly offended noise at being called an abomination, but still preened and leaned into the scritches. They knew what they had done.

155Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory - Page 7 Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:18 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen nods. “Well, to be honest, I don't know the city at all, so I probably wouldn't notice it if I walked right by it! It would be great if you could point it out to me. Investigating leads is hungry work, after all. I'd love to repay your kindness and get something there for you as well, if you like.” They're going to be embarking on a dangerous mission together, Glen figured, so they may as well become friendly.

156Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory - Page 7 Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:59 pm

fruitbat

"May I pick you up?" Sithani asks Hamish. Whether or not they agree, Sithani will continue to scritch. "Did you not like 'blasphemy against nature'? That's alright, though nature is such a parochial thing anyway I'd encourage everyone to blaspheme against it whenever they have the chance. Nature certainly didn't make anything as cute as you, did it?"

157Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory - Page 7 Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:21 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
You mentioned it might endear me to Laerdya - was that your reason from the beginning?

"Would you prefer the immense handicap of being associated with me through my rumoured relationship with Selmer?" he murmurs, arching an eyebrow. "I cannot imagine you would appreciate your every suggestion rejected out of hand by an emotional wizard. And I have never known Veshti to adopt fools or shy violets."

158Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory - Page 7 Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:25 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
"Oh! Well, I've been here my whole life, well, just outside, anyways. Rich folk don't much like seeing farms, so we're mostly outside the walls- although I guess for us it's a little different what with the whole raising animals that sometimes get real dangerous- but if you ever wanted to do a bakery crawl," she thumbed her nose with a wink, "I am your girl. From cakes to croissants I know all the good spots."

Hamish seemed to consider the idea of abomination vs natural. They had to admit nothing about themselves was natural, given that they were summoned from the ether and a physical manifestation of magic... and they did agree that they were adorable. How much of this Sithani was able to understand from the chirps and warbles and nods was always hard to say. As for being picked up, at the request Hamish jumped up, giving his wings a flap so she could simply catch them. Hamish liked being held, but there were few people who knew the knack to picking him up in ways they liked, so this was how they went about it.

159Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory - Page 7 Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:37 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
"Sounds like a plan! For now, though, we should probably focus on the task at hand, lest we get scolded again." Glen grins widely and winks back.

He realizes he should probably be more somber about this. It's a dangerous mission and the fate of this woman's daughter - and potentially of the whole city - hangs in the balance; but the acceptance of new friendly faces is just too good to pass up chatting away with Thimb.

160Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory - Page 7 Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Luther's reply elicits a wry smile from Sunrise. "Then I thank you for that too, and for my new friend." Her fingers travel to the little homunculus again. "And I apologize for everything I thought about you at the time."

She's quiet a moment, then glances at him and lowers her voice further. "That being said. Going forward, please do not manhandle me or throw vile slanders about my people into my face again, not without at the very least warning me beforehand." Her eyes seek his. "You are an intelligent man. I trust that you can be creative enough to play the asshole in public without crossing the line into the genuinely unacceptable."

161Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory - Page 7 Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:09 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Only the very edges of Luther's eyes crinkle with amusement. "Would you rather I employ Veshti's methods?" he asks with just a touch too much innocence.

"Watch your step here, the cleaners have been through and the stairs are slick," he adds in a much louder voice for the benefit of the entire group.

He glances back at Thimblewick and Ellowyn with a mild frown. "The safety handrails are set for human height," he points out to the two gnomes in a lower tone. "If either of you require a steadying hand, I can oblige."

162Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory - Page 7 Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:36 pm

Griffin

Griffin
A hand clapped to her mouth doesn't hide the sudden dimples, nor the delighted, unholy amusement that rises to her eyes; for just a brief moment she looks like the barely-grown teenage girl that she is.

A heartbeat later, she regains her dignity. "Yes, actually," she says calmly. "If those are the options, that one is preferable." Then, not trusting herself further, she steps to Ellowyn and silently offers an arm.

163Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory - Page 7 Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:30 am

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
THREAD CLOSE AND EXPERIENCE POINT NOTICE

[Okay, I'm not going to call an Official Thread Close just yet because there's room for other people to catch up and respond still, but as far as plot goes this thread is now officially done and I will be opening a new one soon.

If you participated in this thread prior to this post, you receive 100 XP. You are responsible for tracking your experience points! The DM will not do so for you. Please write this down, or mark it on your character sheet, or tattoo it on your wrist, or otherwise make a note of it.]

164Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory - Page 7 Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:30 am

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
[This thread is continued in Feytower - Gwynnestri's Bedroom.]

165Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory - Page 7 Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:46 pm

Roocifer

Roocifer
Ellowyn waits till most everyone has begun filing out as they are waiting their hands are unscrewing their cane quietly and smooth as silk. They remove a small cork and wax stoppered bottle.

As they place it on the deck next to Laerdya she can see that the wax is a mix of two colours green and blue inside the bottle she can see small flowers from lavender and what look like some shredded white petals mixed into a small amount of glittering powder.

Quietly without looking at Laerdya "now I know elves aren't meant to dream when they trance but I know what stress and family problems can do to a person.

Its a charm I used to use to help ease sleep and dreams. jasmine lavender and crushed quartz all rinsed and blessed in a sacred forest stream.

I'd like you to look after it for me till we bring your daughter back. May all the gods bless you ma'am."

They begin to make their way out for the office/laboratory heading after the group where they catch up to sunrise as they're approaching the stairs.
They hear Luther's offer of hand and just waves their cane at him in dismissal not trusting themselves not to say something.

They were not a fan of his.

Why ever was sunrise smiling. The poor child too sweet for her own good. They take her offer of an arm holding Their cane under their arm showing sunrise how they don't need it anymore.

166Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory - Page 7 Empty Re: Feytower - Laerdya's Laboratory Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:16 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
[Thread Close.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum