Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

176Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:38 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Rik nods at Sunrise's words, but frowns at Glen's question. "I... do not know," he admits, the words coming slowly. "I feel it is unethical to work for Laerdya Siannodel whilst accusing her so baselessly. We have all accepted her money, though my share has gone to the temple. I wrestle with whether I have a duty to warn her about these insinuations." His frown deepens. "Believe me, I am not seeking to cause trouble! But a man's--or woman's--reputation takes a lifetime to build and a single careless rumor to destroy. I have concerns."

177Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:47 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen nods. "I understand, Rik, I really do. And I can go with you if you talk to her, and if you want. But you are such a valuable ally and..." He sighs. "It feels sometimes like the two of you are the ones who understand me most, and to lose you would be an incredible blow to me, personally. I know it is selfish of me to say so, and I apologize. I am just trying to be forthcoming. I can talk to them about keeping everything to themselves unless we find proof, if you want. I owe you at least that."

178Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:20 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise looks thoughtful. "I'm... not sure warning Laerdya about possible rumors right now would be helpful," she says slowly. "You saw her. She's not coping very well right now - not sleeping, not eating, worrying herself sick. If she reacts badly, however justified that might be, it will make her look worse in the eyes of anyone inclined to distrust her." She shakes her head. "The stakes are high enough that I don't think anyone is going to gossip about this situation to anyone who isn't already involved. Let's wait until we've found Gwyn and filled in the missing pieces of what's going on? If it seems like people are still trying to unfairly accuse Laerdya at that point, we can decide what to do then, but I don't think taking any sort of action right now will be productive."

179Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:22 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen nods thoughtfully, seeing both their perspectives, as Elen rolls and plays on the ground.

180Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:24 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Rik puts a meaty hand on Glen's shoulder. "Selfishness is not always a sin. Sometimes it is the virtue which keeps us alive. Your needs are real, including the need for companions which understand you. More than just this excellent cat," he adds, as Elen rubs his face on Rik's leg.

To Sunrise he sighs and nods. "You... are right. Laerdya needs to rest. To agitate her further would only hurt her, and the city. The best thing we can do for her is demonstrate Gwynnestri's safety. Then she can rest at ease and return to her vital work." He sighs. "But... I hope you will forgive me if I continue to think her a most virtuous lady."

181Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:26 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
"Rik, you know her better than any of us. No forgiveness is needed, but if you're asking for it, you have it, without hesitation." He smiles. The gruff paladin is actually quite understanding and kind. Elen thinks he's excellent, too.

182Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:09 pm

Griffin

Griffin
She nods. "I don't think she's a bad person. Even if she's made mistakes, I think they were made out of love. We'll find Gwyn and help her get peace of mind."

She takes a deep breath. "Also, hi," she says to the other man whom they've ignored through this conversation.

183Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:19 am

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The man beams a brilliant smile at her and holds out his free hand for them to shake. "Zasrein Morningstar, chimera rancher. You can call me Zazzy or Zazster or Zasrein or really anything." Winking at Sunrise, he adds, "Just don't call me late to dinner!"

184Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:46 am

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen chuckles. "Hi Zaz," he says, going with a more straightforward nickname, "nice to meet you. I'm Glen Liadon, he of the Silverwoods." He shakes Zazzles' hand. "What's this fine...critter you've got here?"

185Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:19 pm

Griffin

Griffin
"Zasrein," she says warmly, shaking his hand with a smile. "That's a lovely name. I'm Sunrise, she of the house of Veshti Selmer. Thank you for letting us use your home today."

186Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:36 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
"You know what," Glen says, looking at the height of the sun in the sky, "I should actually probably be going. I'm sorry; I know it's terribly rude of me, but I have much to take care of today. Sunrise, I'll see you tonight. Zaz, I hope we meet again. Rik... thanks. Again." With that, Glen bows, turns, and heads up the lane with Elen in tow, towards the wall - and his commander.

187Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:04 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"I will head back to the temple," Rik observes, bowing deeply as he heads out.

Zasrein grins at all that, shaking Sunrise's hand readily. "Oh, you're always welcome to drop in. Not sure what you and the cousins are up to, but it seems important. Happy we have the space to help."

188Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:10 pm

Griffin

Griffin
She smiles. "I ought to head out myself, but my plans for the day include sitting very still while someone spends hours turning my hair into a imperceptibly-fancier version of what it looks like right now, and arguing over how much makeup and jewelry is too much makeup and jewelry. I'm not exactly in a hurry." She nods toward the unfamiliar animal he holds. "Who's your friend?"

189Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:43 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"The trick is to always take one piece of jewelry off before you walk out the door," Zasrein confides with a warm laugh. "This here? Name's Garthus. He's a good boy. When he wants to be good. And when he's a boy. All other times, not so much."

190Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:13 pm

Griffin

Griffin
"Are you currently a boy who wants to be good?" she asks the creature, grinning. "If I pet you will I lose a finger?"

Bourbon, when Sunrise moves closer to the animal, makes her feelings known by letting out a protracted hiss and retreating from the tiefling's arms to her shoulders, where she growls menacingly at the chimera.

191Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:18 am

fruitbat

Sithani, having waited for Sunrise to finish speaking with Glen, catches up with her as she's talking to Zasrein and the cimera - which very nearly distracts her from what she was intending to say as her eyes widen in delight at the sight of the beast. "Oh, that's adorable! - no, that's not what I meant to say. Sorry. Um. Sunrise? Can I talk to you for a second?"

192Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:37 am

Griffin

Griffin
"Sure," she agrees readily. "Sorry, Garthus, no fingers today! Zasrein, it was nice to meet you."

She follows Sithani a little ways away and gives her a concerned look. "What's up?"

193Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:56 am

fruitbat

"Well." Sithani is conscious that her hands have clasped themselves behind their back, and she is grateful that some part of her has acted to stop any potentially awkward fidgeting. "I thought I might ask if you'd like to hang out with me at some point soon when neither of us is doing anything related to the mission. I don't know what we might do yet, but I'm very impressed by you and suspect that any activity you were involved in would most likely be worth doing."

194Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:05 pm

Griffin

Griffin
She blinks, then smiles. "I'd like that, yeah. I don't know what I've done to be impressive," she says with a slight blush, "and I don't know when we're going to have a moment of free time, but yeah, let's plan to plan something."

195Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:31 am

fruitbat

"Are you kidding? You're a political activist, you're talented, you have your shit together in a way that's never really interested me but nonetheless I can still recognise its value, you're charming - what's not to be impressed by?" She clears her throat. "So, yeah. Let's metaplan."

196Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Her blush deepens. "Honestly, I'm making it up as I go along," she confides. "But. Yes. Once we have a chance to catch our breath, I'd like that." She hesitates. "This may sound silly, but, um. What is there to do for fun in the city? Usually I just, you know. Have a drink in a pub and talk to people." With a shy smile, she adds, "I get the impression you have more adventurous tastes."

197Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

fruitbat

Sithani smiles back reassuringly. "Really it's just the same thing scaled up for cost and variety. More drugs than just alcohol, topics of conversation that if I have anything to say about it flirt around taboo philosophies like 'who needs more than one mansion anyway?', games of cards and the like, scavenger hunts, music - oh! There's an orkish-halfling fusion band playing at Grokk's Eating Hall soon; does that sound like something you'd be interested in?"

198Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:12 am

Griffin

Griffin
"I have no idea what that is," she says, grinning, "and I would be delighted to find out. Yes, absolutely, I'm in."

199Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:34 am

fruitbat

Sithani beams. "Excellent! I'll check the dates, come back to you with those, and if the gods are particularly kind with regards to scheduling we might be able to make it a celebration of a completed mission! But the gods rarely pay attention to our calendars, so who knows. It'll definitely be fun either way."

If Sithani had tentacles they would be wagging happily.

200Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) - Page 8 Empty Re: Morning at the Riptide Ranch (Everyone) Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:44 am

Griffin

Griffin
"Sounds like a plan," she says with a grin. "But now I have to go get prettied up for tonight."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum