Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

126Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:10 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Luther matches his chuckle. "More after today?"

Then he gives Sunrise a double-take. "Good grief, I'm so tired I almost forgot. Of course your things are ready. I wouldn't send you home to Veshti like that."

127Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:15 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
"That weapon you were using - I've never seen anything like it. They didn't stand a chance. I wouldn't, either!" He grins. "And you, Sunrise. Your magic - incredible. I think we all worked together pretty well."

"Oh! Right. Could I have my things back as well? I can go change and give you these clothes back - thanks, by the way."

128Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:19 pm

Griffin

Griffin
"I suppose that depends on you," she teases. "Let her know you're a friend of mine. She might still be a little intimidated, but she'll know I wouldn't send anyone to her who'd hurt her."

Then, impishly, she grins. "Maybe leave the whirling weapon of death at home."

She chuckles when he remembers clothes. "You mean you don't want me to explain to Veshti why I came home wearing your robe?" she asks innocently.

129Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:23 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"Of course, Glen," Luther says with a smile, gesturing for his servants to lead them back to the changing rooms. "I wouldn't send you off without your weapons. Well, not deliberately." They both receive a wry smile. "I am... pleased you were impressed by my skills. I don't have much cause to use them these days."

Magic must have been used in the repair and cleaning of their clothes. There is not even a seam where the cut was in Sunrise's dress, and the missing leather which Glen cut from his belt has been restored. His boots have been shined, and his weapons cleaned and sharpened. Their clothes are as clean as if they'd been freshly laundered.

When they return outside, Luther gives them both a deep bow. "I... would like to ask your discretion on some of the things you have seen and heard today," he says in a low voice. "I was not being facetious when I said I am a private individual."

130Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:27 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise nods. "The only question on that front is how much of a secret does Thorn need to be? I suppose after that fight everyone with a stake in the matter knows someone's retrieved him?"

131Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:31 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen returns the bow with a sharp salute, bringing his fist up to his heart. "We would likely have died without you. I feel like I owe you much more than just my discretion, but you have my word. And if I can be of further assistance to you - with this mission, or with something else - I will be more than happy to provide it. Just say the word." He then pauses to hear Luther's answer about Thorn.

132Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:35 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Luther gives Glen a solemn look. "Thank you. Though if you can bring Gwyn back to me, I will consider that the greatest kindness any man can do for me."

To Sunrise, he nods. "We have to assume the Redfangs are aware of Thorn's location now, as well as our mysterious tiefling 'friends'. We would have been easy enough to track, and there are few enough nobles in the city who employ a security force like my own." Stroking his chin, he looks thoughtful. "When is Veshti's little soiree with Xiloscient, again?"

133Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:40 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
"This seems like a ridiculous question given the obvious security here, but, forgive me, I'm going to ask it anyway: are Thorn and the children safe? Do you trust all of your guards? Even one knife in the dark can be lethal."

134Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:49 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Luther's answering nod is solemn. "You're not wrong. But Rik and Quivyll will be here with him, resting in shifts as before. And if the worst should occur, we have access to resurrection magic."

135Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:53 pm

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise nods. "And it's the 11th," she tells Luther. "Given the current events, she may have to spin it as a welcome home party."

136Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:54 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
"Right. Of course. I just wanted to be sure. If them is called away and you need another to keep watch, you need only let me know. I've done my share of long watches." He nods again, seeming more at ease knowing the two paladins will be at Thorn's side.

137Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:01 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Luther looks thoughtful. "I will do so, yes."

To Sunrise: "Anything preventing moving the date up somewhat?"

138Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:09 pm

Griffin

Griffin
She frowns. "I'd have to ask her, but probably not. What did you have in mind?"

139Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:10 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen looks to Luther, also interested in whatever scheme he is cooking up.

140Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:12 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Luther gives a thoughtful look back at his house. "Well, I hate to make Immeral wait until the 11th to see his long lost child again," he says in a deadpan. "Moreover, the more we catch him by surprise, the less he'll notice something amiss when your friend sneaks off to snoop."

141Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:41 pm

Griffin

Griffin
She raises an eyebrow. "I'll inform Veshti."

142Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:35 am

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Helping her up into the carriage, he hands the cat over once she's settled, while Honey flies in to sit on the bench beside her. "Be safe out there, Sunrise, Glen."

143Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:42 am

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen deftly hops into the carriage and settles into a seat, pleasantly surprised by how much more comfortable it is than his previous seat with the driver. He looks back at the commissioner through the open door. "You too, Luther. And thanks again, for everything."

144Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:12 pm

Griffin

Griffin
"You be safe too," Sunrise tells him gently before the carriage pulls away.

145Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) - Page 6 Empty Re: Drive to Freedom (Sunrise, Jarek, Glen) Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:58 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
[Thread Close. You get 50 XP.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum