Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Side Conversations By The Side Door (Sunrise, Honey, Ellowyn)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Griffin

Griffin
Outside the Feytower, Sunrise finds a bench to rest on - not too close to the door she left by, but close enough to see who else comes through it. Letting herself relax finally, she lifts the little creature down from her shoulder to her lap and takes a moment to actually examine it. "Hey honey," she coos. "Can we talk? Do you talk?"

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The creature likes her lap; it rolls over on its back to playfully kick its legs in the air and offer its tummy to pet. It can't speak, but it understands her and she can feel its understanding in her head: a odd sort of expanding of her mind in a manner which is not unpleasant.

It understands the question and wants her to know that it understands and will answer her in ways which are not spoken or verbal but which convey the necessary wealth of information she requires in order to communicate. It seems almost childishly proud of itself for that: the way in which it can communicate with her even though it can't make words of its own; it feels clever and very pleased, like it has done a good trick.

Griffin

Griffin
Because she's Sunrise, she glances reflexively around. Then, assured that she's alone, she dissolves into giggles. "That's amazing," she whispers, and skritches it's tummy. "Goddess, I have so many questions for you, about what you are and what you can do, but - before anything else, what do you want me to call you?" She smiles. "I known they said I could give you any name and pronouns I want, but I feel like you ought to have a say in that."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
The question seems to puzzle it, the idea that it would prefer certain words used to address it than others. It considers the conundrum carefully though, only briefly pausing to bite at its shoulder when an itch strikes. Then it remembers something it liked: the warm coo in her voice when she said 'honey' just now. It looks up at her with bright amber eyes and nods, the gold streaks in its skin gleaming prettily in the afternoon light.

Griffin

Griffin
"Honey?" She smiles, and assists in scratching the itchy shoulder. "I like it. Do you have any preference on he or she? Or they? I've been thinking of you as it," she confesses, an apology in the thought-shapes she sends, "but most people find that rude."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Pronouns seem to puzzle the creature; it ponders them for a bit before a butterfly distracts them and they look at the pretty glittering green flitting about the area. Finally it offers the tentative question of whether it can just use whatever Sunrise uses? That seems simplest because that one is obviously the best one.

Griffin

Griffin
"She like me? Okay, baby." She smiles. "Honey, she of Sunrise's shoulder."

Leaning in, her tone becomes conspiratorial. "Okay, so! You can fly? How fast can you fly? Are you good at hiding? Can you turn invisible? How far away can we talk to each other with our thoughts?"

[Ooc: she has a LOT of questions, most focused around half-formed ideas of how to approach the investigation, and will pepper Honey with them until Ellowyn comes out; I can go ahead and ask the DM privately though, lol, rather than ask for a wall of exposition about homunculi here in thread.]

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
[The DM here drops a link regarding the stats of the homunculus so xie can find it again whilst away from xer books.]

Honey perks up at the tone and questions, her ears standing straight up and flaring wide. Jumping into the air, she flies at face level with Sunrise then darts happily off into the air. She zooms around the little courtyard area for a while, hiding in trees and behind trunks; she really is impressively quick and able to 'disappear' at the drop of a pin, though she cannot strictly speaking turn invisible. She doesn't quite have chameleon-level powers of blending in, but somehow her cream and gold skin always seems to adapt to wherever she's hiding, fading in the shadows or mottling against the tree to look part of the local flora and fauna.

In her mind she hears a voice and it startles her for a moment; then she realizes it's a memory of something Honey heard, understood, and tucked away. Luther's voice, calm and bored in her mind, the memory of his face mere candlemarks ago: <Though it doesn't speak, it can understand any language you do. It can communicate what it senses telepathically to you from anywhere on this plane; range is meaningless to your bond with the creature. So whatever it hears, sees, smells, touches, or reads, you can know instantly through your telepathic bond. It can also see in the dark and fly.>

Griffin

Griffin
She giggles again and opens her arms to beckon the little creature back; when she returns, Sunrise wraps her in a nuzzly hug. "You are incredible," she murmurs. "How would you like to be a super sneaky spy? Fly all over and find out secrets?"

[Ooc: after Honey's answer, I think it'd be a good time for Ellowyn to join us maybe?]

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Honey nods happily--she would like this, yes, especially if praise and cuddles are involved--and curls up in Sunrise's lap. Tucking her legs under her, she stretches her wings and begins to snooze quietly.

Roocifer

Roocifer
Ellowyn begins to leave Gwen's room their head buzzing with all that had happened and all that that was to happen next.

As they are about to leave the feytower proper they look around for a helpful attendant type person as they realise in all the commotion of the meeting they had quite forgotten to ask where exactly the library was.

There was no way they weren't Going to make time at some point in the next 2 weeks to have a look. They were practically salavating at the thought.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Now that it is later in the day, there are plenty of people milling the halls; it seems a class or two have let out. It is easy enough to flag down a student or servant and learn directions to the main library. "Main" is stressed because the Feytower has more than one, but the "main" library is in the very center of the biggest building, and is accessible from both the second- and third-floors.

Ellowyn receives the directions they require and is reasonably confident of being able to return and find the library on their own.

Roocifer

Roocifer
Ellowyn makes their way outside content that they will have access to that font of knowledge.

They are humming with excitement and just to help them process all the events when they spot something out of the corner of their eye.

A tiny flying thing too fast for them to see exactly what it is, Ellowyn is transfixed.

Griffin

Griffin
As they watch it moves again, this time heading back to a bench where Sunrise waits for it.

She cuddles the little being for a minute, then glances up. When she spots Ellowyn her eyes light up and she waves, beckoning them over.

Roocifer

Roocifer
Ellowyn smiles the biggest smile they have all day.

"My friend!.. and you're friend?" Unsure still exactly what the creature is but deciding friend covered all
the bases. They stroll towards the pair slowly this was going to be a weird conversation.

"Do you want to go first or should I?" they sigh as they sit next to sunrise.

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise hesitates. "Well, before anything else... you, uh. You mentioned you don't have a, a permanent place you're staying?" She glances at Ellowyn, concerned. "How're you set for tonight?"

Roocifer

Roocifer
"I was was planning on popping in on the person who got me this job see what she knows perhaps stay there or maybe the temple so I can have a research on anything I should know courtesy wise when visiting olidamara's temple things that might endear me more."

They shrug unconcerned having not really considered.

"Are you still at the same place?"

They slowly put their hand just in front of honey so they can sniff it

Griffin

Griffin
"No." Her frown deepens. "I have a patron now, Veshti Selmer. I live in her house." She hesitates, then blurts out, "Would you like to stay with me? I mean, at least for tonight?"

Roocifer

Roocifer
Ellowyn leave their hand for the homunculus to get used to not wanting to spook them (ooc is a homunculus an animal?)

They lean their head against sunrises shoulder and chuckle "it would be a delight my dear, I've missed you, but you must tell me this veshti is she good to you? She knows your worth as a person right?"
Their voice is soft with concern.

Griffin

Griffin
"Veshti is amazing," she says with a soft smile. "She, um. When I... she's the one who had me raised." She glances at Ellowyn, clearly wanting to ask, but chooses a safer topic instead. "Honey?" She skritches behind the homunculus's ear. "Baby, would you like to make a new friend?"

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Honey sniffs at the offered hand, then sneezes wetly over both Ellowyn's hand and Sunrise's knees. This done, she flexes her wings and goes back to snoozing, happy with the interaction so far.

Roocifer

Roocifer
Ellowyns musical chuckle explodes from them as the last of the tensions releases from their shoulders.

"Did you see those orc gentlemen? The one with the stomach..." they wiggle their eyebrows suggestively 'and that pirate was so beautiful so sad but so beautiful.." and then they sigh wistfully "that gnome her mind it was amazing so adorably naive"

They shake themselves slightly. Sunrise is used to Ellowyns crushes, she is one of the few people Ellowyn openly talks about them with.

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise grins, delighted. "I thought of you as soon as I saw that shirt he was wearing," she confides. "And yes on the pirate, goddess. Didn't you just want to hug her??"

Roocifer

Roocifer
Ellowyn nods emphatically. "She looked like she needed a cup of tea and a hug and a good meal. I just want to wrap her in a blanket."

Ellowyn stands and stretches. "Shall we have a walk around the grounds of the feytower before we leave I'd like to see Gwyn's window from the ground where the kidnapper got in."

Griffin

Griffin
Privately Sunrise wonders if there's anything the outside can tell them, but she nods. Scooping Honey up in her arms and holding her like a cat, she stands and looks up at the tower. "Let's see... I got a little turned around on the stairs. I think Gwyn's room will be around this side here?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum