Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Awkward Conversation (Sunrise, Songbird)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Luther's eyes widen and he sucks in a hard breath of air. "It's not... usually a wise idea to threaten powerful wizards," he points out, looking very alarmed. "Particularly ones who haven't been resting and aren't being rational."

Griffin

Griffin
"It's not," she agrees with a sigh. "But she's still bound by laws, and I don't think she'd want the guard looking too closely at what she's doing?" She shakes her head. "I suppose it depends on what seems like a worse risk: pissing her off, or trying to stop the plague without the information she could provide. Unless you think she can be convinced to share it?" Sunrise frowns. "I'm good at asking nicely, but it didn't sound like she was thinking clearly when it comes to that amulet."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Luther hesitates and frowns. "Sunrise, if you threaten the amulet, it sounds like Laerdya will hear that as a threat on Gwyn's life. If you do that, there is not a law in Brilight that will protect you. The only reason she didn't slaughter Korogur in cold blood was her inability to locate him. Unless you plan to start sending ransom notes from iron-shielded locations, I don't know that you can safely make this threat. I guess we could try and have a priest on hand."

Griffin

Griffin
She grimaces. "So what I'm hearing is, going forward without her assistance is the less risky option. I just..." She shakes her head, looking frustrated, and looks between the two of them. "What I'm afraid of is Mokoz not being to find a traditional cure. I'm afraid that the only option open to us will be to destroy the amulet, and we don't know what that will do to you, Tree!" Pressing her lips together, she continues. "And Laerdya might know something that would let us find a third option. Some way to change the amulet, something that wouldn't be ideal but still better than risking your life. It would be a pretty funny joke if her desire to keep you safe ended up killing you, except I don't think any of us would be laughing."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Tree makes a face while Luther looks thoughtful. "She might be willing to work with Mokoz," he says slowly. "Especially if Mokoz already knows about the amulet and isn't threatening to tell people. From there... I don't know, beloved. At that point, it's tricky to fall back on theft if Laerdya doesn't see reason."

Tree hesitates for a moment. "What if... What if I caught the plague?"

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise tilts her head. "I didn't think that was possible."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Tree shifts her weight on her feet. "I don't know if it is? I'm not really much more than an apprentice myself. But. Maybe we could make Laerdya think I have?"

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise's frown doesn't fade. "That's definitely better than you actually having the plague; it's not a nice way to go. But don't you think Laerdya will see through it? If it isn't possible, she'd know that, and even if we convince her she was wrong wouldn't that change what she knows about the plague? And maybe send her looking in the wrong place for a cure?"

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Tree makes a thoughtful face. "Yeah. I guess you're right." She sighs. "Thought it might light a fire under her ass."

Griffin

Griffin
"I mean, it absolutely would," Sunrise agrees with a sigh. "Just not sure it would send her in the right direction."

Then she gives them both a rueful grin. "So. Luther shot down my idea and I shot down yours. I think it's your turn, love," she says, smiling at Luther. "You know her best of all of us."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Luther smiles ruefully at this and thinks for a long moment. "Stealing the amulet isn't the worst idea," he says slowly. "Mokoz will need to study it and if Laerdya can't be persuaded to work with her, it would be nice to already have it in our possession."

He gives Tree a long look. "And... You could just ask her, Gwyn. To work with Mokoz, I mean. She hasn't always been the best mother, but she does love you. If you could be reconciled to her, even just a little--"

"But I love--"

Luther shakes his head quickly. "I know. I do. But if he's as charming as he's supposed to be, he might bring her around if you introduced them properly. Gwyn, love, can you at least think about meeting her halfway? Wouldn't it be better to try that first, before we move on to more drastic measures?"

Griffin

Griffin
"He is very charming," Sunrise agrees with a chuckle. "We'll be with you if you want. When you talk to her."

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
She sighs. "I still think dying would be easier," she points out. "But I'll try for you, Luther."

Griffin

Griffin
"Talking to your mother is not a fate worse than death," Sunrise says dryly. "Even if it feels like it."

More seriously, glancing between the two of them, she says, "So? Is that a tentative plan, at least for the next day or two?"

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Tree nods, looking resigned. Luther draws her into a tight hug, then Sunrise. "I think so, yes."

Griffin

Griffin
She nods, then looks at the board she's put together: bread and butter, cheese, smoked and salted meats, fruits, candied nuts. "Okay. It's not fancy, but it'll feed everyone." Luther and Tree are handed wine and glasses to carry, and she picks up the tray. "Ready to head back?"

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"Ready," Tree agrees with a smile. "I'm glad you found Luther," she adds in a softer voice.

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
[Return to Laying Low.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum