Witches & Wyverns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Witches & Wyverns

An RPG gaming forum for friends.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Laying Low [Everyone]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

151Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:05 pm

MazzieW

MazzieW
A single pulse of terror temporarily wracked through Ka'Ri involuntarily as an unconscious fear at the thought of leaving anyone she cared about with Luther. She shook it off quickly though as Luther had more than proven himself a trustworthy ally and carer for those in need.

"Thank you, that means the world to me," she said genuinely gratefully to Luther, giving a head nod of gratitude as one she would give Captain Caroline.

Turning back to Sunrise and the group, she decided to suss out the overall layout and plan.

"So, it looks like I'm on the lookout for amulet and notes and will at least be taking the amulet out with me. Is there anything else I should keep my eyes peeled out for? Like should I grab any info about that box golem thing or the like?"

152Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:22 am

fruitbat

"Ooh! Nothing to steal, but if you learn anything about how the Feytower plans to dispose of the aboleth that would be a huge reassurance?" Sithani grimaces. "That thing scares me. Zero out of ten delightful tentacles."

153Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:50 am

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise bites her lip. "I'm tempted to say yes, grab everything you can get your hands on; we're going to piss her off anyway, so we might as well. But in the interest of speed and stealth - and of having a single chance in the Nine Hells of salvaging the situation after the fact - I'm going to say stuck to the amulet and any information you find about it or the plague."

With a sympathetic glance at Sithani she adds, "Although if you happen to see anything about the aboleth and you have a moment to glance over it, yes, by all means do let us know."

154Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:00 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
"Once she knows Tree is alive and well that is likely to take some of the rage winds out of her sails, at least," mused Thimb. "Or at least I hope it will..." she frowned and gave her head a shake. "Luther do you know anyone who would be selling a ring of spell storing? Is that something that might be less traceable? Otherwise maybe we could send Hamish back with you and he can cast the spell for me?" she chewed thoughtfully on a bit of bread.

"Also I'm still apparently an apprentice and I never did meet the woman I'm apprenticing under who is responsible for the aboleth, I could maybe talk to her before that cover is blown? Also, uh, what entails a delightful tentacle???"

155Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:07 am

fruitbat

Sithani squeezes Sunrise's hand in gratitude for her consideration.

In response to Thimb's question about tentacles, she grins wickedly. "Oh, there are all sorts of ways tentacles can be delightful. But even beside those, have you never taken a moment to appreciate the aesthetic splendour of limbs utterly alien to the standard humanoid layout? The way they move without bones, the body-plans that take them into account, the range and flexibility of the things boneless muscle can do that arms and legs can't? They're amazing."

156Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:05 pm

CleverNamePending

CleverNamePending
Thimb considered what Sithani said, "I've mostly seen them in action when they've sprouted out of one of our chimeras, which are often startled by the process, I suppose that's skewed my opinion on them," she frowned thoughtfully, trying to picture them when they were in the water. She did have a point....

157Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:08 am

MazzieW

MazzieW
Ka'Ri disappears into her mental sorting place and flicks through the possible angles for everything.

"All right, it looks like the main thing I'm going to need is a map or at least a good description of the area, especially of the higher areas that Thimb has less experience with navigating."

She sends Thimb a smile fondly remembering her leading her through the Feytower the first time.

158Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:43 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"A map is easy enough," Luther agrees. "And you are one of my employees. There's no reason I can't take you up to my room and you can go from there to Laerdya's room; we're neighbors in the tower, after all. How you choose to get out afterwards is...harder."

He turns to Thimb, frowning lightly. "I will look for a ring for you. At the very least, I might be able to call in a favor and borrow one."

159Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:56 am

beardyblue

beardyblue
"So." Glen, finally full and having had a few moments to rest, seems full of purpose. "Luther is going to see about a ring for Thimb, and a map for Ka'Ri. It's been quite some time since we all got some rest, and we're not going straight to Laerdya's tonight. Shall we all go our separate ways and meet back here tomorrow? Or somewhere else - Luther's house? The ranch?" He glances around at the others, suddenly seeming antsy to be somewhere.

160Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:27 am

fruitbat

Sithani nods. "Seconded?"

161Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:55 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
"My house is safer from assassins, I would wager," Luther observes quietly. "You are all welcome there."

162Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:24 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
If anyone is paying attention, they see the faintest of flushes in Glen's face. "Erm, yes, that would be great, Luther. Thank you." He gathers his things and Elen sits by his feet. "I don't have anywhere else to be just now, do you mind if I just head straight there with you? Or were you headed elsewhere yourself?"

163Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:27 pm

fruitbat

Sithani raises an eyebrow and telepathically projects to Sunrise, <Do you want me to warn him off your boy?>

164Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:08 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Luther gives Sunrise and Tree a thoughtful look. "I think I should head back, yes," he agrees with Glen, only a trace of reluctance noticeable in his voice. "If anyone else plans to make use of my carriage, I suppose now is the time."

He turns to regard everyone except Sunrise and Tree, who he seems to expect will stay at Veshti's for the time being.

165Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:36 pm

beardyblue

beardyblue
Glen shoulders his pack, looking very grateful for the ride. Elen sits down against his Uncle Luther's leg. "I, erm, didn't mean to rush you," he says on hearing Luther's reluctance.

166Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:56 pm

Songbird

Songbird
Admin
Luther absently reaches down to pet the panther. "No, it is for the best," he murmurs. "It is late already, and staying will not make it easier for me to leave my daughter."

167Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:19 am

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise hides a smile even as she shakes her head no by a barely noticeable amount.

"People are also welcome to stay here," she points out. "There are couches and pillows and blankets. Maybe not the male people," she adds, with a sympathetic look at the men in the room, "because poor Veshti's sensibilities have been stretched to the limit already, but anyone else. After that attack, I worry about the safety of walking home now."

168Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:24 am

fruitbat

"She doesn't think girls like girls?" Sithani asks, confused. "Which is to say, I'm happy to accept the offer, just confused by your patron's reasoning."

169Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:43 am

Griffin

Griffin
"In politics, everything is appearance," Sunrise replies with a wry smile. "What actually happens in this room is far less important than what the court of public opinion will decide if gossips find out. And rational or otherwise, more tongues will wag over a man staying here overnight than a woman." She shrugs. "Honestly at this point I'm too exhausted to care, but I'll probably feel differently in a week or so when my life calms down."

170Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:39 am

fruitbat

Sithani grimaces. "One of those things. Always try to be illegitimate, people, you have much less to worry about."

171Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:45 am

Griffin

Griffin
"Mmm, I haven't found that," Sunrise replies in a mild tone.

172Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:48 am

beardyblue

beardyblue
Elen gets up and walks around Sithani and Sunrise's legs, rubbing against them and purring affectionately. Glen looks on with a warm expression on his face.

173Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:50 am

Griffin

Griffin
Sunrise instantly softens, leaning down to pet the panther's ears and cooing. "Hey, sweet baby! You could stay and cuddle with us, if your owner let you."

174Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:55 am

beardyblue

beardyblue
Elen is very happy for the affection and looks back at his ranger with an almost pleading expression on his face. Glen chuckles, shaking his head. "While I know Elen would appreciate the cuddles, I'm afraid I would just miss him too much." Glen's eyes sparkle with a hint of mischief, and Sunrise should easily discern that he's hiding his plans for later, and that Elen would be missed.

175Laying Low [Everyone] - Page 7 Empty Re: Laying Low [Everyone] Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:07 pm

Griffin

Griffin
"Alas," she retorts, though curiosity shines in her eyes. "Meet back in the morning, then?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum